Juni

 As I mentioned previously, I'm finding less and less time for blogging. That said I'll try to keep at least a monthly cadence and share any particularly exciting adventures or cool photos. During June I developed a pretty reliable weekend routine. Frisbee practice Friday evening, Hike or bike Saturday, Frisbee practice again Sunday. I'm looking forward to breaking that up some in July with frisbee tournaments which may entail leaving Munich and its immediate surroundings. For the time being though here's a quick run down of June.

 First up was the hike from Schliersee to Tegernsee, here's the view from the high point looking back at the lake.

Here's a view looking South-ish with the Alps in the background.

 The next weekend I biked south to Starnberger See, I'd previously been through on the train and had it recommended as a good ride. Here's the lake itself which marked the approximate midpoint of my ride.

I did a bit of sightseeing in the town as I hunted down lunch and found this building on top of a hill.

On the return ride I took a different route which led to some fun discoveries starting with a baseball game in Gauting.

Next up was this excellent waterwheel.

Finishing with this classic roadside stand.

On Sunday the Mixed frisbee team I play with, Munich International (MINT) hosted a hat tournament with all the local players. It was great to be out playing in a (semi)competitive setting and my team did come in second. 


Mid June also marked the opening of the office, no pictures of that though for Confidentiality reasons. My next few bike rides didn't have specific destinations so I'll just post some favorite pictures. This barn is pretty classic Bavaria in my opinion.


This church is also fairly representative of those in the area around Munich.
Naturally I had to eat during my travels so her are a few of the dishes I took photos of. This is the Forschungschnitzel from a brewery I went to on one of my bike ride. Its effectively pork chops with a cream sauce, but the sauce has pickles in it which kick it up a knotch.

Here's a somewhat fancy version of Obatzda from a brewery between me and the central train station.

Lastly we have Käsespätzle from the restaurant at our frisbee practice fields.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zu Hause und in der Stadt

Deutsches Museum

The Final Countdown