Verschiedenes (meistens Essen)

Naturally in amongst my expeditions I'm keeping myself fed. Some weekends I'll stroll to a local bakery or coffee shop for a mid morning snack (not technically kaffee mit kuchen since thats an afternoon tradition). I couldn't quite pin down the fruit in this cheesecake but it tasted good.

Sometimes I'll opt to get dinner out. This is the local street food favorite currywurst mit pommes, basically sausages and fries with curry ketchup. I can see why its popular though not something I need to eat regularly.

From the Boulangerie Dompierre a quiche and Kouing Aman.

Another coffee and cake this time from the bakery inside one of the local grocery stores, not overly sweet despite the cream filling.
Mostly I cook dinners for myself. This is a vegetarian Shepherd's pie based on a Moosewood recipe.
The key innovation is using frozen grated tofu mixed with Walnuts as a substitute for ground lamb.

Keeping with the casserole theme, I also made Moussaka. Again vegetarian in this case using beluga lentils in place of meet.

To keep the title of this post honest I owe you a few non food photos. Here's an unidentified species of black bird on my balcony.

And here's a reminder of spring.

Of course a food post wouldn't be complete without bread! I didn't write down the variety of this loaf, it was a solid if unremarkable multi-seed bread of some sort.

This is Kürbiskernbrot or pumpkin seed bread.


Up next Hafer Dinkel a nice oat based bread.

Dinkel Kürbiskernbrot, the orange bits didn't taste like much so I'm not sure if they were pumpkin or carrot.

 Finally we have this brick of a loaf. I bought it from the day old section so it wasn't labeled but boy was it dense. I was a little concerned I'd snap the knife cutting through it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zu Hause und in der Stadt

Deutsches Museum

The Final Countdown