Corvallis

Now that it is the second half of the summer we have transitioned from working in the Andrews Experimental forest to working on the OSU campus. Last Thursday we packed up and cleaned up and permanently moved all our belongings into the dorms. Though living in the woods is always a great time Corvallis is a nice town so its not too bad. Plus it is nice being within walking distance of grocery stores, movie theaters, and other modern conveniences.
Being in Corvallis does not however mean we are done with field work, just this Monday my group scouted our second site and developed a rough game plan for next few weeks. This week is data analysis week, which is what I've been doing the past couple days, while next week we get to try some different equipment at our original site.
That's really about it for work, since I doubt anyone wants to hear about my battles with Mathematica. This past weekend I explored the town, went berry picking at a farm owned by the school, and played some ultimate frisbee. Oh yeah, I also played four rounds of bowling and watched two movies in the independent theater. Evenings here are somewhat different than in the Andrews since we don't have the same type of common area. As a result of this we've colonized the game room and the TV room, because of this I've played too much metal slug and watched a fair amount of the food network. Hopefully I can come up with a more productive routine before that becomes habit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zu Hause und in der Stadt

Deutsches Museum

The Final Countdown