Lenbachhaus

 Once my time arrived I lined to enter the museum. I think my first European art Museum since I visited the Paris Musee D'Orsay in 2018.

The main rotating exhibit was "UNDER THE OPEN SKY Traveling with Wassily Kandinsky and Gabriele Münter". I ended up there first since the brochure I picked up turned out to not have a map so I followed the people who looked like they knew what they were doing. There was a line to get into the exhibit since they were limiting capacity in the wing to aid in social distancing. Inside, in addition to the art, every room had a refrigerator sized air disinfector so I felt reasonably safe. The exhibit itself was quite interesting and had placards in German and English. It turns out Kandinsky and I both appreciate mountains as you can see by comparing the pictures below.


I also appreciated seeing the two artists takes on the same subject. This also happened to be landscapes which is something I'm fond of in general.
I was glad I'd picked that exhibit first since when I left the line was quite long. The wing above the rotating exhibit had an exhibit of nineteenth and early twentieth century art focused more on technique. It was more hit or miss for me and I didn't take any pictures. The rest of the open wings were modern art which was very hit or miss for me. I only took pictures of the hits like this colorful room.
The museum is in the former villa of the artist Franz von Lenbach and includes four preserved rooms. They were a little decadent for my taste.
The preserved rooms also included a view into the main lobby and the installation there.
After I'd had my fill on the museum I headed home to have a late lunch. On the way I did stop to appreciate the flowers which I'm now fairly sure are crocuses.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zu Hause und in der Stadt

Deutsches Museum

The Final Countdown