Von Tutzing nach Peißenberg

 Once again Sunday was forecasted to have the better weather for excursions. My previous train trips I used Deutsche Bahn regional tickets so this weekend I decided use the S-bahn. This has the advantage of being slightly cheaper and a slightly closer station. In need of a destination I decided on the disc golf course in the town of Peißenberg. Getting there would require a train ride to the end of the line at Tutzing then biking the rest of the way. Biking isn't particularly conducive to photography so here's one of the first pictures I took, just before my route turned almost due west.

Despite the overcast the ride was quite pleasant, going through a number of small towns.

Once I reached the golf course I played through it fairly quickly, it wasn't particularly scenic. On the hill above though there was an excellent view.

For variety's sake took a different route back which felt fairly remote even though I still saw people every 10 minutes or so.
The alps were a constant backdrop and improve most pictures.

Though there was a fair amount of signage I did still run into a few intersections where I had to use my best judgement combined with the maps on my phone.

On previous train rides in this direction I'd noticed an installation of satellite dishes so I was happy to get a photo of them from the bike.

The disc golf wasn't really worth it but the ride was fun. I'm considering investing in a gravel bike since that seems like the best way to explore out here. As it turns out the S-Bahn isn't that much cheaper since theres a fee to bring your bike so having a bike were I could just take off from home and feel comfortable going a longe distance would be nice. Anyway, here is the entire route in all its glory. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zu Hause und in der Stadt

Deutsches Museum

The Final Countdown